Frog Bikes are hands down the best bike to get your budding cyclist to give them the best chance of success. Frog Bikes are designed from the ground up to be easy for children to use. They're lightweight, with research-informed design, to ensure ease of use for tiny riders. They can even be used as a balance bike for a taller child by removing the pedals - sometimes learning how to balance before learning how to pedal can help kids gain confidence.
While it can be tempting to choose a bike your child can "grow into", please refer to Frog's size guide copied below and choose the correct size for your child's size and temperament to increase their opportunity to succeed, or come into the store to ensure best fit.
This bike is great for:
- Building bike skills and enjoying the freedom of two-wheeled mobility!
- Use as a balance bike for an older child (we'll help you remove the pedals!)
- Hand-me-downs. Frog Bikes are built-to-last and hold their value. With a five year warranty, this bike will help a generation of children learn how to ride!
- Lightweight sturdy frame, making the bike easy to manoeuvre for your child and easy for you to carry
- Tektro hand brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers. Better control means improved confidence for young riders
- Patented Frog cranks for easier pedalling reduces the distance between the pedals, increasing efficiency and comfort
- Wheel Size:
- Frog 40: 14"
- Frog 44: 16"
- Frog 47: 18"
- 5 year warranty on frame and forks
- Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
We recommend taking the time to measure the rider’s inside leg by following these simple steps:
- Stand the child in socks against a wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
- Once you have measured the inside leg, use the information below to find the right size of bike for your child (all measurements listed are this inside leg measurement)
- Tentative rider minimum: 40cm (16")
- Confident rider minimum: 36cm (14")
- Confident rider maximum: 46cm (18")
- Tentative rider minimum: 44cm (17")
- Confident rider minimum: 40cm (16")
- Confident rider maximum: 53cm (21")
- Tentative rider minimum: 47cm (18")
- Confident rider minimum: 43cm (17")
- Confident rider maximum: 59cm (23")