Fall Update - There's Lots Happening at London Bicycle Cafe!
The leaves are starting to change colour, but that doesn't mean we're slowing down. There were too many things to write a blog post about each of them, so today's post is a quick preview of things to come for us in the months of September and October.
- We've upped our snack game! Starting Tuesday you can stop by for tasty baked treats from Petit Paris bakery, a local gem, and one of our neighbours downtown. We'll be featuring a mix of their goodies, so look forward to scones, croissants, cookies, and biscotti!
- New Rosso beans! Rosso just received their newest arrivals from Rwanda, and as they perfect their roasts we'll be sharing new beans with you. Remember that most of our coffees are seasonal; if you love one of the beans we've had this summer, pick up a bag for home consumption before it's all gone.
- Fall flavours - we're excited to bring you our fall flavoured drink, the Gold Rush Turmeric Latte! This delicious beverage comes to us courtesy of a young London-area entrepreneur, and we're sure this will tickle your taste buds. Try it with a little honey for added sweetness, or without for a savory sensation. It will knock the pants off your Pumpkin Spice Latte habit, we rate it 12/10.
- Service schedule shift - Giancarlo has left us to return to engineering school in Guelph, which means that Ben is the only one repairing bikes for the fall/winter. This means repairs will take a little longer, and there will be no scheduled service on the weekends until springtime. If you need specific parts for your repair, remember that we place our orders on Sunday, and usually receive parts on Wednesday.
- New Bikes - we still have a great lineup of amazing bikes for sale from Simcoe Bicycles, Detroit Bikes, and Pure Cycles. Our inventory is dwindling in some sizes and styles, visit us soon for best selection. If you're a Western or Fanshawe student, we probably have a great deal on a new ride for you; show us your student card to claim your discount.
- Cargo bike demo sale - our Xtracycle and Babboe demo bikes are for sale! You won't find a better deal on a bike this year. Come chat with us about these life-changing machines, and find out how cargo bikes are transforming the world.
- New Strider Colours! Red, orange, yellow, and black, to compliment our existing Blue, Green, and Pink! Two wheels are the new training wheels, so ask us about how to get your child started early.
- New music collaboration! We have a great project in the works involving local musicians and local breweries. Stay tuned for more on this!
- Glow Ride / Bike Valet for Nuit Blanche - Join us and London Cycle Link for the 2017 London Glow Ride. Break out your glow sticks, and embrace the night! We're the finishing point for the ride, and will offer a late night espresso bar, and a bike valet service for those heading to Nuit Blanche festivities! Park your ride safely with us for the night, and enjoy the amazing local art Downtown. More details to come.
- Fall hours - we're open 8-6 Tuesday to Friday, and 10-4 on Saturday and Sunday. We'll be closed for all of Thanksgiving weekend, and switch to fall hours after the long weekend.
Finally, welcome back Western and Fanshawe students, and congratulations to Fanshawe for celebrating your 50th anniversary! We look forward to serving your communities over the coming months and years.
We're excited for what's ahead this fall, so get downtown and check out what we have to offer! Fall is our favourite month to ride: get out there and enjoy it!