Twenty years ago, as an idealistic Stanford engineering student, Ross Evans landed in war-torn Nicaragua. In a tin and cinder-block shed, he welded together a revolutionary invention: a long-tail cargo bike that empowered farmers to pedal their produce to market. Xtracycle ignited a cargo bike revolution that’s spread around the world. Xtracycles are designed with the belief that virtually anything in your life can be accomplished with a bike and a sense of adventure. Realize your dreams. Sweeten your days. One pedal stroke at a time.
Edgerunner Classic/Swoop - $2999
The EdgeRunner is the ultimate cargo bike for your growing family. The swept back handlebars keep you upright while riding to your favourite cafe to read a book, or going with your kids to your the museum. The small 20” rear wheel lowers the center of gravity for greater stability, improves acceleration from a stop, and makes it easy to load up to three children or cargo weighing up to 250 lbs. The 100% Chromoly steel frame is the perfect material, because it’s lightweight, strong, and durable. This bike is built to grow with you for life. New 2017 frame design is adaptable for most sizes. Need help choosing a cargo bike? Check out our guest blog post here.
- Carry up to three children, or one adult, on the long-tail up to a total weight of 180 kg
- Hydraulic disc brakes, puncture resistant tires, battery-powered lights, all included
- 27-speed Shimano Acera drivetrain
- All-new Longtail-2 accessories will let your Xtracycle grow with your family
- Available in blue or matte black, stepthrough (Swoop) or high crossbar (Classic), frame sizes to fit any family
- Demo model available to test for a weekend or a week - see how Xtracycle can help your family get moving!
Electric Edgerunner - $7500+
Drop the kids off at school? Go downtown for festivals? Beach day at Port Stanley? Camping at the Pinery? Only your imagination will limit where you can go with an Electric Edgerunner. Powered by Bosch, the electric assist Edgerunner gives you superhuman strength to carry the heaviest loads. Flatten hills, slice through the headwind, carry your kids and cargo anywhere you want to go. The Bosch electric bike drive system is the European market leader, with a range of 30 - 90 km depending on use. The Intuvia console allows you to select the level of electric assist and shows your remaining range, speed, and distance traveled, while its advanced lithium ion battery charges to full in less than four hours from a normal power outlet. Need help choosing a cargo bike? Check out our guest blog post here.
- 8-speed Shimano or 10-speed Shimano Alfine internal hub gear with electric assist, maximum assist speed 30 km/h
- Shimano Deore Hydraulic disc brakes for ultimate stopping power
- Double-legged kickstand, and fenders come standard, with optional front rack for extra storage
- Integrated E3 V6S headlight and E3 rear Supernova lights will ensure you're never caught in the dark: included in price.
- Custom ordered to your specifications, delivery time about one week, speak with us in store for details.