Have you ever had the feeling that your ride could be more… comfortable? Us, too. Meet the Ellipse from Selle Royal. We think it’s a fabulous saddle at a great price, and nearly everyone we’ve set up on one has enjoyed their bike better because of it.
Here’s why we love it:
- Athletic, Moderate, and Relaxed geometry: each is slightly wider depending on how upright your bike is.
- Men’s and women’s specific geometry. If there’s one area of our bodies that’s very different between the sexes, it’s the area in contact with your saddle.
- Built from quality materials that can withstand the elements and holds up well over time.
We’ve had great success fitting this saddle to many peoples’ bikes, and it’s the first one we recommend when someone comes to us with a question about comfort.
Here’s what the manufacturer has to say:
Some products are timeless. They are evergreens which are redesigned and evolved by designers, engineers and developers to keep them up to date, with the ultimate aim of offering cyclists a reliable saddle that guarantees maximum comfort and strength combined with an appealing design.
The new Ellipse saddle range is the result of a combination of the company’s experience and the expertise of its technical staff who work on this product on a daily basis in order to pinpoint new improved solutions. With its contemporary design and new functions, it offers the ideal solution for those in search of optimal comfort.
- Large central anatomical cut-out, designed to alleviate pressure peaks on the genital and perineal area
- Selle Royal gel saddles use RoyalGel, a polyurethane-based gel that does not age, harden or migrate over time
- All saddles are ICS compatible (for Selle Royal’s proprietary saddlebag attachment)
- Royal Gel and Royal Vacuum Lite equipped
- Xsenium cover